Considering a Major Investment in Mining
I'm considering making a major investment in some ASICs. I've crunched the numbers, and after having found a facility where I have access to $0.048/kwhr, I'm thinking of buying 100 S9's to mine with.
I've got considerable holdings of ETH, but I want to hold onto this in case PoS actually plays out. Although I've been in ETH for some time, I want exposure to PoW as well, making BTC mining attractive.
At current prices, my breakeven on the 100 S9's should be in approx 200 days, given the fairly cheap cost of power I have access to.
My main question is, since the S9's are fairly cheap now, and since the S10's will be 2-3x the current S9 price (but possibly with a significantly higher hash rate), is it best to buy the S9's now, or consider waiting for the S10?
The facility I'll be mining at won't be able to accomodate me until November.
Thanks for your input.
Submitted July 18, 2017 at 02:26PM by psytokine_storm
via reddit http://bit.ly/2u4wAa6